Friday 10 April 2015

Paris in the springtime


I have returned. And it’s all true what they say about Paris in the springtime. Paris is gorgeous right now – warm, sunny spring days. It’s alive! The chairs are out at all the cafés. People and tourists are out in droves. Les bouquinistes on the Seine have re-opened shop! I am re-entering the dream, walking back into this story, and the weather sure is nice. All this mind-emptying into the Seine has put me into some kind of Paris-bliss state. I am unlikely to get much work done like this. What project is this again?

It’s been a bit long (for me) since I last posted – I meant to write about “transformative writing” via “Adult Learning and la Recherche Féminine: Reading Resilience and Hélène Cixous” by Elizabeth Chapman Hoult (2012). A recent book related to Cixous and methodology, Hoult gleans into my own thoughts and experience. She explains a lot of the things I am interested in about Cixous as inspirer / inspiriter of off-grid writing methodologies.

Will catch up soon. Tomorrow it’s time to attend the Cixousian seminaire again.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment